Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Managed to steal internet again. Posting all my travel logs.


Day 2, May 13, Friday, Regensburg

The second day was beautiful. It started with a beautiful morning when I apparently woke up at 12pm, and LL scolded me again, she said my snoring was horrible. God this is the first time in my life I got scolded bcuz of snoring.
So LL took me to the symbol of Regensburg, St. Peter Church, believably the highest building of the city. I was awestruck, bcuz I din't expect it to be so splendid. This is the first real Gothic church I've been into, and the sculptures, altars, pillars, stained-glass windows and things I don't know how to name were all very very gorgeous, LL was sitting on the bench all bored and sleepy. While I pranced around taking pictures of everything inside. It was really dark inside the church, and my photo taking skills weren't that great then(not that it's great now), so many pictures came out blurry and stuff, but fuck it. When I came out of the cathedral I watched it and was amazed again.
And then we passed the Roman Wall and the old town hall. According to LL, it was 'nothing', Well everything seemed like 'nothing' to her. But well to this date I actually remembered nothing about it, either. Roman wall was this plain brick wall with uneven cementing on the surface, it was somehow in discordance with the surroundings. German buildings are, unique, I guess. They have the simplest design in the world, it's like, the wall one color, and the windows another color, and that's it. But the two colours usually have very strangely enthralling harmony, and when all those buildings are lined up together, it did feel, um, very european.
We were trying to go to the Denou river and were lost. So I used my brain and helped Liang Lan find it. Kidding. Denou river was peaceful and nice. We trodded down the river and crossed this bridge over which I mimiced the Blue Denou music. We came to this lovely small beer garden with "Huai" trees, chirping birds and pebbled grounds and of course, good beers. I had 0.5L of Dunkles(dark beer) and six sausages, feeling really German. They like mixed everything with beer, orange juice, soda, coke, sprite, anything, you name it. It was a really lovely lunch.
So after the lunch we walked down the Denou and Regen rivers, they are two beautiful rivers running parallel to each other, Regen means 'rain' in German, and that's how the city gets the name. It was supposed to be a really romantic ones, but...haha guess I'm not a very romantic guy to walk with. I managed to take some really beautiful photos of the river and the cathedral though. And I blew a dandelion, the small seeds drifted into the air, like people walking on different paths. There are beautiful grass and plants on the banks of Regen river and people fished by it, too. I felt like I could walk along the tranquil forever.
So Yingzhe came again, and we watched some more guess guess guess before we finally went out. I had my first doner kebab and it was amazingly delicious! Yingzhe took us to this rowdy and boisterous bar, where I had a helles(light beer) and a dunkles. Halfway through the lengendary Mark Liu came and jesus christ he was handsome, he's like the handsome version of Zhang Yu, there were many Zhang Yus in my life, but this time I meant the singer Zhang Yu. He's a pretty nice guy and fucking good in playing memory. Surprisingly, I sucked at memory, am I fucking senile already? Yingzhe just kep chugging beer with me, but I thought she could drink a lot. That day she just became wasted. So we walked to Mark Liu's small but cosy apartment, where she fell asleep in his bed. So the three of us came to the TV lounge, Mark was like, you guys wanna watch some TV? We were like, sure.

leaving skool guoyandao at 4:53 PM [comment]

***


Comments: Post a Comment

guoyandao
Screwed-up genius
I love: hot chicks, Nirvana, Catcher in the Rye, American Beauty, Tokyo Love Story, Little Tree, 海子, 王小波, 身边的人
I hate: hypocrites who pretend to know me, domineering assholes, rules, violence, my humorous imperfections
I wanna go back to: Semptember 1999, woodstock
I wanna meet: Belle
I wanna be: a beautiful lunatic, a rock star, a wandering poet, Brad Pitt, Arthur Rimbaud, 令狐冲, 谭嗣同


Archives

12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004
11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004
12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005
01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005
02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005
03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005
04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005
05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005
06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005
07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005


Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)



GT
Sunflower Gu
Eugene & Shirley
Rui Jie-President Scholar
Chicken Run
Yanling the hottie
Sally C
TOE
Zhu
沈猛
DJ Crystal..but she doesn't know me
方球
秋苇
丹尼妹子
书篇
临时因
四小
Debbie
Ren
姜伟岸
QQQ
四大