Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Day 6, May 17, Tuesday, Amsterdam
This was the most rememberable day of my entire trip. In fact I just realized there's no such word as remembrable, so this is the most memorable day of my entire trip. I also want to note down that when I'm writing this journal, I just came back from the Championship's final, Laura was sweet and nice, AC Milan sucked in the second half and they were 3-0 in the first half and 3-3 in the first 15 minutes of the second half. It was a shame. It sucked.
So I woke up late in the morning again. But I got to chat with two very very cool German dudes who told me about how awesome Prague was, and it sounded really really interesting, I think I wanna go down to Prague next year. Then I headed out in hope of doing some shopping for my parents etc but I found the stuffs at Amsterdam way too expensive for me. In the end I bought a very very nice tie for my dad, and I finally visited the famous Condomerie, it was a very very fasicinating place. I bought a really really fashion condom for Waller on his request called Gay Fun(?) and put it in my bag with the tie. Then I visited the famous Eat Mode Asian fusion restaurant recommended by lonely planet, had a seedweed wrap and wonton noodle, they were both delicious. I loved the place. If only I could go there again with my future girlfriend.
Then I went down the banks of the red light district again, if you noticed I visited the place everyday, it had become an obsession, an addiction. This time I thought I would go to a live sex show, but I backed out the last minute. Okay so I guess I was not man enough. But like a quality sex show costs like 30 euros, damn I ain't gonna pay that much for someone else banging some hot ladies in front of me. I took some really nice pictures of the entire district. I got this idea of taking my photo in the public piss place for man along the red light district, and after gathering much courage, I finally did it. It was fun. I got some Korean guys to do it for me. Cuz the people who pissed there dun really understand English.
So, in my last moments in this city I loved so much, I visited this cool shop called Old Man, it's supposed to be a really classy shop with all the Hash and Weed accessories, including cool T-shirts. I wanted to buy my friends some cool Marijuana T-shirts, but they were really 'that cool' and they cost awful a lot.
So there I was, in the centraal station again, boarding the train to Brussels. People have questioned me why I wanna go to Brussels, cuz they had some reservations on their mind. But I was really looking forward to it. So the whole trip was smooth and passed by real quick, until I got into this conversation with this man from Africa who kept talking to me and I missed my station at Belgium. One good thing about those European train station is that you never need to buy tickets if you miss one or two stops, just hop on a train on the way back and they would never check.
So there I was, impatient of the conversation we had that was going nowhere and pissed off cuz he made me miss my bloody station. When the train finally arrived at Gare du midi, which was in fact a more trendy one than the run-down and deprecated Centraal station, I got up and reached for my bag. But.
It was gone.
It was fucking gone, my passport, my eurail pass, my cheque book, the gifts I bought, was all in it. My favourite CDs, the best collection, which I shifted to the bag cuz I was scared that they got crushed in the suitcase, it was a painfully wrong decision.
So my mind went blank, the black guy told me he saw somebody take it but din't know it was mine. For a moment I was really suspiscious on him. Then the train cleaner came, and he really cared for me but din't speak English, he opened up the door for me, and pointed down the train. I din't understand but I ran down anyway, hoping to see somebody with my bag. My adidas bag which accompanied me for the past three years. But of course, no.
Then I went to the police station and filed a loss report. I couldn't remember how I finally got my way to the hostel, Centre Van Gogh, except that two attractive young French ladies tried to helped me and pointed the wrong direction. The whole night sucked. I sat down on my bed, gazing into the obliviousness.
That must be some really expensive lesson.

leaving skool guoyandao at 4:58 PM [comment]

***


Comments: Post a Comment

guoyandao
Screwed-up genius
I love: hot chicks, Nirvana, Catcher in the Rye, American Beauty, Tokyo Love Story, Little Tree, 海子, 王小波, 身边的人
I hate: hypocrites who pretend to know me, domineering assholes, rules, violence, my humorous imperfections
I wanna go back to: Semptember 1999, woodstock
I wanna meet: Belle
I wanna be: a beautiful lunatic, a rock star, a wandering poet, Brad Pitt, Arthur Rimbaud, 令狐冲, 谭嗣同


Archives

12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004
11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004
12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005
01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005
02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005
03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005
04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005
05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005
06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005
07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005


Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)



GT
Sunflower Gu
Eugene & Shirley
Rui Jie-President Scholar
Chicken Run
Yanling the hottie
Sally C
TOE
Zhu
沈猛
DJ Crystal..but she doesn't know me
方球
秋苇
丹尼妹子
书篇
临时因
四小
Debbie
Ren
姜伟岸
QQQ
四大