Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Day 3, May 14, Saturday, Munich
So the next morning I found myself waking up on the couch right before the TV. And LL and Mark on the other two couches. Two japanese girls were going to follow us to Munich, well in the end they became leaders cuz one of them's been to Munich 6 times I guess. So as I came out of Mark's small but cosy toilet, he was talking to this oh-so-gorgeous japanese girl and she was like 'Dunk Shunn', I was like, O yeah!!
But to my big disappointment, the gorgeous din't come. Haha, but the two girls that actually became our compass were really nice and patient, they speak minimum of English though. So the five of us kept talking German, and I just murmured French to myself. The roundtrip ticket to Munich only costs 7 euros. On the train we met some singaporeans, they are working in the semiconductor industry somewhere in Germany.
So we get off the train and headed straight to the city centre square. Munich is much different from Regensburg, it's like a big city, tons of tourists roamed the streets in fashion clothings. I started seeing beautiful German girls. I was pretty amazed by the old Town Hall building which was attached to this churchy thing. The churchy thing has a glockenspiel and we were lucky enough to see the glockenspiel show, although the building is towering and thus it was pretty far away, but it was amazing enough. It's like this circus thing where little miniatures on different concentric circles go round and round. Among the shops, namely H&M and others, we started to see some really cool Baroque or Mediavel buildings with cool etchings or scupltures outside. Mostly importantly, there were musicians violin and organ on the street, and the music makes everything so European.
We entered this huge beer hall for lunch, their trademark beer is one of the six great labels of Munich, called Augustiner, I was feeling happy so I ordered one litre of the Dunkles, the cup is fucking huge. The beer and the sausage was fine, but the most enjoyable experience was crowds of drunken, rowdy, crazy Munich fans who never stopped chanting Munich songs. The atmosphere was fucking crazy. The group sitting behind us lifted their cup and said cheers to me. So I cheers them back and this excited drunken guy came up to me and muttered a bunch of German, but all I could say is 'dunk shunn'(Thank you very much) Later this guy was brought away by the police for no apparent reason, and his friends at the table just smiled and watched him being brought away Thus I doubted whether they really knew each other. The girl who was sitting among them was really pretty, though.
Then we went for a beautiful walk past some churches and nice buildings, people I could communicate with didn't know what they are, and people who knew what they are, namely the Japanese girls, couldn't communicate with me. So I couldn't be bothered. The twin-tower church has a very interesting semi-sphere top, but the interior wasn't as impressive as St-Peter in Regensburg. And then we walked past some other buildings and sculptures before we came to this little park with a beer garden inside. That was the first European garden I saw, and it was so pretty. They placed all the greenery in a maze-y arrangement with little flowers adorned at the sides, which gives a really nice feel. In the center of the park two musicians were performing with guitar and something like Chinese 'Gu Zheng'. One of the nicest things in Europe is that you meet quality musicians everywhere, and they don't really spoil the place, they liven up the atmosphere wherever they go.
We then proceeded to the English garden, this is a real enormous park. I lied down on the big field, my faced was buried among the small and cute yellow and white flowers that you see on the lawns everywhere, and the sky was beautiful, I felt like I was part of a huge painting. It was a wonderful feeling. That's when I missed my friends, I wished they were here with me. The not-to-be-missed sight in the English park is, of course not the Japanese tea house, but the wave-riders at this bridge, they were all dressed in tight boardriding outfits and looked super cool especially when they were wave surfing. It was amazing to see them maneuvre such a tough sport so well.
On the way back to the train station, we saw people playing the famous european 'iron ball' game, where people tried to throw and hit the balls on the ground. I saw no point of the game, but they seemed to enjoy it tremendously. I mean, there's no point to every single game ultimately, the most important thing is to enjoy it, enjoy yourselves, have fun, you know. That's about my life philosophy.
I kept gift-shopping like a fucking tourist and they had to stop and wait for me several times. I bought this nice, well not really very nice, T-shirt of all the German soccer club's names and the world cup 2006 for Tong Xiao Tao, I think he's gonna be fucking happy.
So, they started speaking only in German on the way back and I got fucking bored, haha. The night was uneventful, except that we watched another guess guess guess, so you see, that might be the wrong thing to do when you are in Europe, delete all guess guess guess from your computer before you go to Europe next time. Man.

leaving skool guoyandao at 4:55 PM [comment]

***


Comments: Post a Comment

guoyandao
Screwed-up genius
I love: hot chicks, Nirvana, Catcher in the Rye, American Beauty, Tokyo Love Story, Little Tree, 海子, 王小波, 身边的人
I hate: hypocrites who pretend to know me, domineering assholes, rules, violence, my humorous imperfections
I wanna go back to: Semptember 1999, woodstock
I wanna meet: Belle
I wanna be: a beautiful lunatic, a rock star, a wandering poet, Brad Pitt, Arthur Rimbaud, 令狐冲, 谭嗣同


Archives

12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004
11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004
12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005
01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005
02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005
03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005
04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005
05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005
06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005
07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005


Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)



GT
Sunflower Gu
Eugene & Shirley
Rui Jie-President Scholar
Chicken Run
Yanling the hottie
Sally C
TOE
Zhu
沈猛
DJ Crystal..but she doesn't know me
方球
秋苇
丹尼妹子
书篇
临时因
四小
Debbie
Ren
姜伟岸
QQQ
四大