Tuesday, July 12, 2005

ay 4, May 15, Sunday, Amsterdam
I woke up in the early morning, bidded LL goodbye and went down to the Regensburg train station. After an uneventful train ride and an even more uneventful flight(except peering at a really old guy reading newspaper with women flaunting their tits on it) I reached the Central Station of Amsterdaam. Here my backpacking experience really begins.
Finding the Youth Hostel wasn't that hard cuz it's only a few minutes away from the station. The girl at the counter speaks better American English than I do. So for the first time of my life, I got a key to a youth hostel room of about 20 people. In fact, I'm really glad that the first hostel in my life is Bob's youth hostel, it's a really nice place with really lively and friendly atmosphere, where everyone smokes weed. Also everyone has a locker just right inside the room, that's very convenient indeed and should be spread about in every single hostel. Anyway I struggled my way to room H up a thousand steps and got to my bed. I met two American kids and one of them was actually from Philly region if I'm not wrong. They are pretty nice, the elder one was pretty cool and they were about to travel up to the Scandinavian countries. I thought it'd be cool to hang out with'em. Then I went out for dinner, ate some sort of lamb(coarme? i forgot) at some Indonesian restaurant, the guy at the restaurant told me how to go to the red light district.
Came back to the dorm and everyone is sleeping. The two turkish guys had been sleeping from the moment I got in and for the entire period I stayed there they seemed like they never ever woke up. I was like, hmm why don't I wait the two American kids wake up and I could go out drinking with them. The end result is, I fell asleep myself.
Woke up three hours later and it was 11h, I hesitated a while and decided to go out and withdrew more euros. I was kinda scared of being robbed so I flurried home after I withdrew 400 euros and kept them inside the laptop bag which snapped again already. Never buy bootleg nike bags ever again. I hesitated for another while and decided that I should go see the red light district myself. Turns out that it was a wise decision.
The red light district blew my mind away. The first time I saw real prostitutes, standing in red-light-lit windows with red drapes, dressed in barely nothing, like one metre away from me and posing all kinds of seductive poses at me. Like the guidebook said, it was fascinating just to see all the different tourists gaping at the prostitutes, some drooling, shaking their hands in disapproval while masturbating on their minds. Unlike what Jerry Zhang's sister said, some of the hookers were really hot. I walked down this river with sexshops, sex theatres and countless red-light windows lined up at the sides, blushing, feeling dazed, hard to breathe, and, well a little bit turned on.
Went back to the dorm at 2am and I found it hard to fall asleep haha.

leaving skool guoyandao at 4:56 PM [comment]

***


Comments: Post a Comment

guoyandao
Screwed-up genius
I love: hot chicks, Nirvana, Catcher in the Rye, American Beauty, Tokyo Love Story, Little Tree, 海子, 王小波, 身边的人
I hate: hypocrites who pretend to know me, domineering assholes, rules, violence, my humorous imperfections
I wanna go back to: Semptember 1999, woodstock
I wanna meet: Belle
I wanna be: a beautiful lunatic, a rock star, a wandering poet, Brad Pitt, Arthur Rimbaud, 令狐冲, 谭嗣同


Archives

12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004
11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004
12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005
01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005
02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005
03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005
04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005
05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005
06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005
07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005


Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)



GT
Sunflower Gu
Eugene & Shirley
Rui Jie-President Scholar
Chicken Run
Yanling the hottie
Sally C
TOE
Zhu
沈猛
DJ Crystal..but she doesn't know me
方球
秋苇
丹尼妹子
书篇
临时因
四小
Debbie
Ren
姜伟岸
QQQ
四大