Monday, January 03, 2005

I'm addicted to Columbia. Everytime I was there I had so much fun and fond memories that made Penn seem so uninspiring.
Had another unforgettable break. See that's the problem, the breaks at Columbia are too good that I'm afraid all other exciting travel plans will pale in comparison. I wanna stay in Columbia forever, and I wish all those lovely people will stay in Columbia forever, too. I crave for the kind of lifestyle.
The beginning of the break was pretty wasted,though. We played Mafia day and night. I mean day and night, and night, and day. We played Mafia on the first night until 7am, and then went to sleep. I was trying to sleep but got dragged to Metropolitan. Toured the museum in a semi-conscious state. I gotta say that although it felt like a dream that was too true and I felt asleep a thousand times, Metropolitan is awesome. If I may use vulgarity here then it'd be Metropolitan is ******* awesome, but there might be innocent kids reading my blogs so let's be clean.
Ai tian, or Jerry Ai, is one of a kind and definitely a very very cool person to remember of. He is the kind of guy that never stops talking yet you never get tired of him. Chu Ci, as usual, becomes his avid fan and all the girls were fascinated by him. The worst thing is, I happened to be on the same dining table with him, and so were many pretty girls, damn. But seriously, I love this guy. He's absolutely nice, too. Why the hell didn't I go Wesleyan!! I absolutely love the people there man.
Came back from Wesleyan, fell into perpetual sleep. Then we all went out again at late night. I joined Li dayin and Ben Lin for xiao feiyang, which in Chinese means little obese goat. So were four cute girls and chu ci. I made a mistake by sitting next to Li dayin. He ordered Wu Liang Ye, a super strong chinese liquor and skillfully persuaded everybody into drinking excessively. Oh my bloody god, for the first time I found drinking beer no different from water. We were all wasted. I was one of those with a sound mind. I gotta admit that getting high on alcohol is so much fun, especially watching some of the most hilarious scenes I've ever seen. To protect privacy, I shan't mention anything sensitive here, but I learned why guys always want to make chicks drunk. No it's not that dirty, I know what you're thinking.
Later, some more mafia followed. Followed by some more perpetual sleep and some more mafia, and eating, and perpetual sleep, and more mafia. The mode of life lasted until Dayin and Ben left. Haha. Da Shu was funny when he was drunk.
By then, we were basically split into different groups. Group One: The Li couple, chen, dashu and I. Except for the Li couple, everyone else felt like huge light bulbs. Group two: Li sheng, Ji xue(being the big brother of the group apparently), huo sixiao, wu zhengchen, chenbo, liu yao, they're true tourists and had a very fulfilling trip. The proof is sixiao's 400 shots on her $700 Canon Camera. Speaking of Sixiao, she eats a lot. I mean, A LOT. Like as much as I do, that's a very terrifying description. Group three: Cui Ying, Liu Yi, the gay couple. They're the mystic group, all I know about them is, Cui Ying is oh so beautiful. Group four: Tang danni, sisi, SP and baixue. I stopped by at their place for once, these girls are simply lovely. Especially sisi, she's the most lovely girl I've ever seen. However, that statement doesn't have any connotations. Group five: six golden flowers(a very Chinese expression), being gong xiaosi, he chang, liang lan, li duan, wang zi and qingliwen. They formed a sorority instantly and when I first heard their routine day activities I was literally shocked. Again for privacy reason I shan't share it with you guys here. Li duan and Liang Lan were like, stating fervently that they wanna go home everyday, but they never ever do it. Group six: chu ci and the philly people who went back philly and were unheard of until when Chu Ci came back with Da Shu. Group seven: Chang hao and qianyejun. Weird combination, haha. Chang hao is an intellectual architect and I like the way she talks, I dunno why it reminds me of my friends in NingBo. She shocked me by piercing her lip on the very last day. I was like, wow. Qian yejun also shocked me by sending me a thank you letter like weng jie did. What the hell? Everybody is going mushy, haha.
Anyway, the story goes on. We went shopping on boxing day at, like, 4pm when all the sales were over. You can see we are really smart people. Went soho at 730 and all the stores there closed at 8. Bought green hats together with chen. Everybody was laughing at our hats goddammit what happened to people with a good taste? Wanted to get everybody to go for KTV but failed to coz it was so cold. The night, well it was unforgettable.
Ramon whose name has been missing missed one flight coz he got up late playing mafia. He almost repeated the same mistake. The Li sheng gang missed their bus because they were busy shopping, and they did repeat the mistake.
I spent two days at Boston, they were beautiful. Met up with Rui Jie who's an awesome host because he can cook. He was also a fantastic tour guide, who knows every single thing about MIT. Met up with Meg and we made a snow man. How I love snow!!!!!!! Went to quincy market at night and it was awesome. The brookstone, oh my god, it was great. Then I met more singaporeans, this girl called emily took the same bus with me on the way back to NY, watched 暗花。It was very, very cool. Kian Leong, Samuel Kwek and Nansi, and some more singaporeans whose names I can't remember haha. Talked a lot of singlish again.
Reunited with the gang. Back to the light-bulb life.
Then came the countdown. The countdown was awesome, it was unforgettable, beautiful. I've never had such a good time since the summer of 1999. I remembered how we cuddled in the crowd and sang songs, played mafia together despite the unfavourable physical conditions that we were in. We were singing some very emotional tunes and we all got, well, emotional. Sisi jie even cried and that made her 1,000 times more lovely. It felt so good to sing songs with a bunch of good friends amongst the countdown crowd in a packed broadway street on the new year eve with all the flashy neon lights ahead. I suddenly felt so close to everybody and had an impulse to hug them. Those beautiful songs magically evoked our fondest memories and most tender feelings. We each gave a short speech. I started off by saying that I'm so thankful of meeting so many good friends via CUUS here. I meant it and for a moment I felt so happy and satisfied. I hoped the moment could last forever. We all went high and crazy at the countdown. Bai Xue got us all into jumping around like kids. It was all so wonderful.
On the last day I finally paied a proper visit to downtown NY like a tourist should do. Sisi jie injected a lot of fun and energy to the a bit tired-out group. At night we watched "There is no thief under the sky". A really cool movie. Although not very typically Feng Xiaogang. Absolutely entertaining. Karen Qin brought back a stunner whose last name is Qiang, as in, 强. Although i met tons of beauties during the stay, she is the most gorgeous one. But but but, I have to go back to Philly the very next day. Why must my fate treat me so unkindly??
I know it doesn't sound very cool, but that's -THE END-.


leaving skool guoyandao at 11:06 AM [comment]

***


Comments: Post a Comment

guoyandao
Screwed-up genius
I love: hot chicks, Nirvana, Catcher in the Rye, American Beauty, Tokyo Love Story, Little Tree, 海子, 王小波, 身边的人
I hate: hypocrites who pretend to know me, domineering assholes, rules, violence, my humorous imperfections
I wanna go back to: Semptember 1999, woodstock
I wanna meet: Belle
I wanna be: a beautiful lunatic, a rock star, a wandering poet, Brad Pitt, Arthur Rimbaud, 令狐冲, 谭嗣同


Archives

12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004
11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004
12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005
01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005
02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005
03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005
04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005
05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005
06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005
07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005


Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)



GT
Sunflower Gu
Eugene & Shirley
Rui Jie-President Scholar
Chicken Run
Yanling the hottie
Sally C
TOE
Zhu
沈猛
DJ Crystal..but she doesn't know me
方球
秋苇
丹尼妹子
书篇
临时因
四小
Debbie
Ren
姜伟岸
QQQ
四大